"You haven't had health care til you've had Romancare"
9600 Dexter (Between Chicago & Longfellow)
Advance directives & long-term care
Advance directives explain how you want medical decisions to be made when you're too ill to speak for yourself.
Types of advance directives
1. A health care proxy is a document that names someone you trust to mke health decisions if you can't. This is also called a durable power of attorney.
2. A living will tells which treatment you want if your life is threatened, including dialysis and breathing machines; resuscitation; tube feeding; and organ or tissue donation after you die.
How to get advance directives
Get an advance directive from any of these:
1. Your health care provider (Roman Care)
3. Your local Area Agency on Aging
4. Your local health department